New Life Academy was founded in 1995 as a nondenominational Christian outreach to the children of Okinawa. No one could have foreseen the growth that lay ahead for this American school and an enrollment of students from America, Japan, Korea, India, Philippines, Africa, and Russia.
New Life Academy offers an excellent educational experience within a loving and nurturing Christian environment. Our small class size and low student-teacher ratio provide opportunities for our children to master the core curriculum while fostering intellectual curiosity, creativity and good citizenship. We maintain high academic expectations that provide a solid educational foundation for successful future learning. New Life Academy seeks to introduce children to Jesus Christ and to assist them in the development of their relationships with Him.
Education at New Life Academy is based on the principle that each child is a unique creation of God with individual abilities and talents that should be developed to their full potential. New Life Academy seeks to support the individual student's development with an environment that is conducive to learning, a qualified staff and a curriculum based on Christian values and high academic expectations. As each student grows spiritually, academically, socially and physically they should develop a strong sense of self-worth and respect for others within the multicultural community of Okinawa and the global community. Education is a cooperative effort on the part of the student, the parents, the school staff and the community to develop and exhibit the best in each other.
The educational philosophy of New Life Academy is based on the premise that truth is revealed by the Holy Spirit in God's word, the Bible and God's creation, and the world around us. God created and sustains all things through His Son, Jesus Christ. Therefore, the purpose of the universe and life is to glorify God. Man was created in the image of God and was given the capacity to personally and voluntarily know and respond to Him. Man, a sinner by choice and nature cannot do God's will, unless he/she accepts Jesus Christ as his/her Savior and Lord. The ultimate purpose of man is that he/she may glorify God by doing His will. It is then our role as educators to assist the students as they seek to grow spiritually, intellectually, socially, emotionally and physically through the study of God' s word and His creation. The application of this knowledge to its fullest potential in the life of the student is the goal and guiding principle of education at New Life Academy.
Statement of Faith
● We believe that there is one living and true GOD, eternally existing in three persons: The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, equal in power and glory; that this triune God created all, upholds all, and governs all things. (Genesis 1:1; Deuteronomy 6:4; Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Hebrews 9:14)
● We believe that the scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are the Word of God, fully inspired without error in the original manuscripts, and the infallible rule of faith and practice. The Word of God is the foundation upon which this church operates and is the basis for which this church is governed. We believe that the Word of God supersedes any earthly law that is contrary to the Holy Scriptures. (Isaiah 28:13; Nehemiah 8:8; John 17:17; 2 Timothy 3:16-17; Hebrews 4:12; 1 Peter 1:23-25; 2 Peter 1:21)
● We believe in the person of God the Father, an Infinite, personal Spirit, perfect in holiness, wisdom, power and love; that He concerns Himself mercifully in the affairs of men; that He hears and answers prayer; and that He saves from sin and death all those who come to Him through Jesus Christ. (Deuteronomy 33:27; Psalms 90:2; Psalms 102:27; John 4:24; 1 Timothy 1:17; Titus 1:3)
● We believe in the person of Jesus Christ, God's only begotten Son, conceived by the Holy Spirit. We believe in His virgin birth, sinless life, miracles and teachings, his substitutionary atoning death, bodily resurrection, ascension into heaven, perpetual intercession for His people and personal, visible return to earth. (Isaiah 7:14; Micah 5:2; Matthew 1:23; Mark 16:19; Luke 1:34-35; John 1:1-2; John 8:58; John 11:25; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; Hebrews 1:8; 1 John 1:2; Revelation 1:8)
● We believe in the person of the Holy Spirit, Who came forth from the Father and Son to convict the world of sin, righteousness, and judgment, and to regenerate, sanctify and empower for ministry all who believe in Christ; (Acts 1:8; 2 Corinthians 3:18; John 16:8-11; Romans 15:13,16; Hebrews 9:14)
● We believe the Holy Spirit indwells every believer in Jesus Christ and that He is an abiding helper, teacher, and guide. (John 14:16-17, 16:8-11)
● We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit and in the proper exercise of all Biblical gifts of the Spirit according to the Scriptures. (1 Corinthians 14)
● We believe that all people are sinners by nature and, therefore, are under condemnation; that God regenerates based upon faith by the Holy Spirit, those who repent of their sins and confess Jesus Christ as Lord. (Acts 8:15-17; Titus 3:5)
● We believe in the church of God, the living spiritual body, of which Christ is the head and all who are born again are members. (1 Corinthians 12:12-13; Ephesians 4:15-16)
● We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ committed two ordinances to the church: (a) water baptism, and (b) the Lord's Supper. (Matthew 28:19; Acts 2:38; 1 Corinthians 11:23-26)
● We believe in the Second Coming of Jesus Christ which is His personal, visible return to earth and the establishment of His millennial kingdom, in the resurrection of the body, the final judgment and eternal blessing of the righteous and endless suffering of the wicked. (Matthew 16:27; Acts 1:11; Revelation 19:11-16, 20: 11-15)
● We believe in what is termed "the apostles' creed" as embodying the fundamental facts of the Christian faith.
● We believe in a literal Heaven and a literal Hell and that all those who place their faith, hope and trust in Jesus Christ will spend eternity in Heaven with the Lord, while those who reject Jesus’ gift of salvation will spend eternity separated from the Lord in Hell. (Matthew 5:3, 25:31-34; Hebrews 12:23; 1 Peter 1:4; Psalm 9:17; Matthew 5:22, 18:9; Luke 12:5)
● We believe in the Pre-Tribulation Rapture of the Church where all believers will meet the Lord in the air and be taken out of this world prior to the Tribulation that will come upon the earth. (Matthew 24:29-31; Luke 21:36; Romans 1:18, 5:9; 1 Thessalonians 5:9; 2 Peter 2:7-9; Revelation 5:7-10, 7:13 14)